Hello Caterpillars, don't forget Miss Adams and Mrs McEwen will be calling you today they are so excited to hear how you are all getting on. Don't forget this may appear as an unknown number.
Let's start today with another story.
This week we are beginning to look at number bonds to 5.
What are number bonds?
Number bonds are 2 different numbers that add up to a certain number. In this case number bonds to 5 would be 5+0, 4+1, 3+2 and then these equations reversed, 0+5, 1+4 and 2+3.
At school we use Numicon pieces to help children learn number bonds.
Have a go at this Phonics game below. When setting up this game please select
Phase 3 - Set 1-7 consonant diagraphs +sh
Understanding The World
Today I would like you to research and find out 3 facts about sharks. You could use a computer, ipad or book to help you. If you do not have access to these I have filmed a book below to help.
Let's Get Creative
HOW TO MAKE A CUPCAKE CASE SHARK
You will need:
1. Colour one cupcake cases grey or silver. You could use paint, pens or pencils.
2. Glue down the middle section of the grey cupcake case onto the blue card/paper. Leave the outside edges of it unglued for now.
3. Cut a triangle shape out of the grey cupcake case. You should end up with three pieces shown in the picture below.
4. Glue the triangle under the top of another cupcake case.
5. Glue the other pieces on the sides near the bottom to make shark fins.
6. Now finish gluing down the outside edges of the grey cupcake case.
7. Cut a cupcake case in half and glue half of it at the bottom of your grey cupcake case.
8. Cut a mouth out of the red card/paper and glue it onto your shark.
9. Use your white chalk marker to draw teeth inside of the mouth.
10. Glue the googly eyes onto your shark.
11. Finish your artwork by drawing wave marks on the blue card/paper with your white chalk marker.
Listen to this Bible story below:
The Prodigal Son
Because we are part of God’s family, we are forgiven and welcome no matter what. In this story, a man’s son asks for his inheritance then leaves home and squanders it all away. Because of his poor choices, he’s left in great need. When he realises his mistake, he humbles himself and goes back to his father. He plans to beg that his father will take him back as a servant. Instead, his father welcomes him home as a son.