Today in English I will be reading you the power of reading text, but, not until the end of the lesson .
You looked at some of the book yesterday so to start with I just want you to have a look at the picture below and think about the questions
- What sort of story are you expecting and why? Non-fiction/fiction
- What do you think this story may be about?
- Do you know any other monsters like this?
Once you have discussed these questions have a look at the video below
Now you have watched the video have your opinions on the book changed?
- What do you think the beast is doing, where do you think it is going?
- Does this video remind you of anything?
One last section before you listen to me read you the book. Have a look at the front cover of the book. You will notice it is called 'The Lonely Beast'
- What do you think it means to be lonely?
- Why do you think the monster is lonely?
Now it is time for you to read the whole story. Watch the video below which is me reading it to you.